Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 305



Photo of the Day.

These I believe are Brown-Headed Cowbirds. They had a neat little call and flew all around the backyard together. Didn't seem very afraid of me either. The reason I picked this picture was because I never see these birds around here, so that was kind of neat. Also because I rarely get close enough to the birds to take their pictures with my dinky point and shoot.

Here are 3 more photos that didn't make the cut and I might use the ideas again this week or later in time. I do that sometimes when I'm having a hard time coming up with something new.



Some dandelions, they didn't look all that great themselves. But with all of them in one small space I liked how it looked. Might take this one again in a few days. We'll see what it looks like then.



This one I was trying to show how windy it was today. Some crazy gusts out there. Didn't get what I wanted, but this one was okay I suppose.



Then Sam, I really like her expression in this picture. Took a lot of pictures of Sam today, but decided to use the birds for variety and I liked how that picture turned out.

Which one do you like? Which ones don't you like and why?

2 comments:

William Hessian said...

i love it. some great pictures.

i love the one you chose. Really amazing bird photo. It could be in a calendar.

I also think it would be great to see the 3 or 4 bird pictures that didnt make the cut. Not only the other pictures from the day, but also a few other ones from the actual subject matter, and why you picked this photo from this angle instead of a different one.

William Hessian said...

i like smas expression a lot. but im glad it wasnt the pic of the day, as something did seem as bright and crisp as usual.

the dandilions or grass didnt do much for me. When i realized you were capturing the wind, and all of a sudden i liked that one a lot more.

I really like today's photo though, it is really great micro, with awesome focal points. Its fun to look at as well.

I do think it is a blast to see some of the other pictures you take.