Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 301



I had no idea what I was going to do for a shadow today. This is probably the only shot out of 70 pictures that I even sort of liked. I don't even want to show the other ones, because they're so bad. One of these days I'll show you some of the other pictures Billy. I just need to have a good day of photos first.

This week has been crazy. Two days ago Sam got out when the pizza man came to drop of the pizza. She ran around the front yard for a little bit, then when I tried to get her she took off. She was across the street in the neighbors back yard. Came flying out of there and then down the street, found a rabbit and started chasing that. Finally 2 houses from the end of the block I was able to get her to come. First time she has ever done anything like that, she would not listen to a word I would say. It was maddening and made me very nervous that she would get hit by a car or run out of sight.

Then the next day we are playing in the backyard and I see a white thing on her mouth. Make her come over and check her out. Big old white growth on her lip. Made me very nervous. Mainly because of my old cat Chubby who got very sick. Turns out it was nothing to worry about. It's a wart type virus that young dogs can get and that goes away on it's own. No meds needed.

Then today after we got home from the vet and a walk, Sam is outside she runs after something. It starts screaming, I got outside and get her away from it. It's a baby squirrel. Didn't seem like it was injured. Ran a little bit and then sat there. Seemed more shocked than anything. Watched it for a little bit, then went inside for 10 minutes. Came back out and it had moved a little bit. Went back in for 30-40 minutes, came back out and it was gone. So hopefully it's okay. Now I need to watch out for the baby bunnies that popped out of their holes this afternoon.

1 comment:

William Hessian said...

sock puppet! awesome. i think it looks like a fragglerock character.

i loved the stories of sam. kelsey and i laughed, knowing how sam is. as awesome as sam is, she can be a handful when she wants to be.

glad you can share it.