Friday, August 8, 2008

Day Twenty-Eight



We have a lot of baby bunnies running around our yard during spring and summer. The problem is with having a dog, she tends to chase everything that moves. But since the rabbits are babies they can be foolish and walk around while Sam is out there. Whenever I let Sam outside I try to scare the bunnies away, but today this one bunny would not run away for the longest time. So I took it's picture and then after a while was able to get it to go on the other side of the fence.

It's not a very good picture, but it's something that happened today. Honestly I'm having a hard time coming up with interesting photos to take. There is only so much around me daily that I find interesting. I tend to take a lot of flower and plant photos because they're around and it's easy. But I'm pretty sure they don't make for interesting photos. If you have any suggestions for me, let me know. That would be great.

2 comments:

William Hessian said...

i strongly suggest self portriats. or portraits.

i like your grandparents one. i also think while difficult, photographing yourself and your family makes for a very interesting challenge on multiple levels.

you are clever enough to find ways to photograph yourself as a self portrait in a way that is unique and interesting while not making you feel too uneasy about it.

i also, very much enjoy photographs that tell a story, even if the story is fabricated. this is a very hard thing to do, but fun to try.

Kris said...

Thanks for the suggestions Billy.

I do want to do some portraits badly, but I need to find people to be in the portraits. Lots of people don't like to have their photo taken, myself included. I'd much rather be taking pictures of people who want to be in front of a camera.

I do think I will practice portraits with some self portraits. But I'm not sure I'll post any on here. I guess we'll see.