Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Forty-Five



The wonders of photoshop. The above picture I did a lot of post processing, a.k.a fiddling around with photoshop and trying to get something alright looking.

So today I wanted to take a picture of Sam in this chair, but the picture didn't turn out like I wanted. There were many problems.
1. I couldn't find a decent spot to put the chair. There are so many windows that are too bright after taking the photo.
2. Sam would not stay in the chair. She would stay just long enough for me to get back to my camera and then jump out of the chair.
3. Lighting. I couldn't get it right at all. Mind you I'm not using very good lights in the first place. But I need to use what I have.

So I finally got a picture I didn't like at all. I was ready to trash them all and try for a different picture later in the day. Instead I decided I would try to see what I could do with photoshop or post processing. Above is what I came up with and down below is the original. There are lots of problems with it, but it was just practice and I didn't want to spend any more time on it.

3 comments:

William Hessian said...

excellent kris. how did you create the wall on the left hand side of the picture?

Unknown said...

okay that is awesome.

I was about to post a comment but read Billy's first and went back to see the wall you created. I couldn't figure out at all where you took it until I saw the original but didn't realize there was no window in the first. Very cool picture.

Billy and I were at Barnes&Noble and saw a book titled '101 most adorable dog breeds' .... or something like that.... and the goldendoodle was in it and it was pure white!

Kris said...

Thanks.

I used the rubber stamp tool in photoshop to remove most of the window and then used airbrush and some blurring to make it look alright. But I got tired of trying to make it look better and quit at that. Only thing is it messes up one light source a little bit.

Ha, what was the number 1 adorable breed?
I think a lot of goldendoodles are more white. I really like the redish ones though. I've seen a really awesome looking black one at the dog park. Black poodle and a golden retriever. He had the same colored legs as Sam, but then they faded into black about half way up.