Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 458 - Sam Had Fun in the Snow



She was outside for a good part of the day.

Unrelated, but lately I've been feeling like I haven't been improving very much, or at all. I feel very stale and feel my pictures are incredibly boring. To me it seems like I take the same picture all the time and sometimes when I want to take a picture of something I'm not sure how to frame it. I don't know why this is happening, but it's happening a lot lately.

Also, I look at pictures I took a week or more ago that I thought were good pictures and I don't like them anymore. Almost embarrassed that I posted them. I'm also so unsure of posting links on Twitter and Facebook because of it. I only have like 12 followers on twitter too and you all come here anyway! What's wrong with me?

I need to get out of this funk fast.

Sorry had to get that out. Maybe this will help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't get down ... I'm really enjoying all the photos and wish I could take pictures half as good!

Unknown said...

god she is cute!!

You will get out of this funk, don't give up. We all check your photo of the day because you're talented and take good pictures.. it's like seeing a glimpse of your day through your eyes. I never think you give yourself enough credit but I think a lot of people are guilty of that.

I always get excited about projects I am working on and find it very difficult to stay motivated and continue with them... I hardly make jewelry or books anymore and I have been wanting to use my sewing machine forever and never get around to it... I find that I feel worse about it the longer I don't do anything with it. You will have your creative moments and you will have moments that just feel blahhhh, but it will pass.. just give it time.

William Hessian said...

value these lulls in your craft. often times it can lead to new ideas, different approaches and force you to go outside of your comfort zone.

embrace your frustration and use it as a force to figure out how to solve the problem. fix what you dont like. find photos you do like, and try to emmulate them, or understand why you like them more than others.

thats what i do when i get stuck or frustrated with drawing.

Kris said...

Thanks Kelsey and Billy.

There are definitely days when I don't have the creative moments but I get through them. Like the post I just made for today, 460, it was rushed. But its done.

I think I mainly don't like my pictures that much. I get bored with them quickly. That might be because they're my picture and I see them all the time. I also get to see all the crappy pictures that end up looking very similar.

I guess I will just have to work through it. I'll also have to take a closer look at photos I like. I've heard that before, but never tried it myself. Usually I see a photo I like, say oooh I like that, save it and never really know why I like it.

I also think if I change what I take pictures of that might help. Change the subject up. Easier said than done though. So we'll see how that goes. Doing themes would help, but I haven't been in the mood for that lately.

Anyways, thanks again!

Kelsey you need to start working on your jewelry again! You were doing so well with it. I went to your etsy page a while back and there was nothing there! I was sad. Did the sales expire or did you take them down?

Also what kind of books can you make? Is there different styles?