Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 730



Two years.

Haven't progressed much photographically. Didn't do any projects like I hoped I would have. Hopefully I can change that this next year.

Things I would like to do. Not just photographically.

1. Start a photo project - I have a couple ideas in mind.

2. Job - Regular job or find a way to make a little bit of money through photos. Regular job much more likely, but not easy.

3. Learn how to cook - I made an egg mcuffin the other day. It was good.

4. Talk to strangers - I have a hard time talking to people I don't know well. Even people I've known for a long time but still don't know well.

5. Find a way to make this more enjoyable - I get bored with doing photo a day. For the last year it's been mostly a diary of what I do. Which honestly isn't very much. Same thing over and over.

6. Draw more - I'm thinking about doing a drawing/sketch a day project. I have a feeling it wont last, if I do start.

7. Read - I have a lot of books that I have never read.

8. Possibly get a DSLR finally - It would be nice.

Might add more to this later.

The photo above is strange.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the photo and I like your list of goals. What photo projects do you have in mind?

Kris said...

Thanks Kels.

I look like a goon in the photo.

One project I kind of want to do isn't entirely original. I can't remember where I saw it, but there is a photographer who picks up small pieces of trash(i remember a cigarette container), takes it home and photographs it in her/his studio on a white background.

What I want to do is take photos of trash strictly in SLP. Things people have dumped, littered, or just dropped(like those pants I found). I would take pictures of it where I find it.

It's possible it might be a bit boring to view, but it would give me something to focus on and I doubt it will be hard to find subjects.

William Hessian said...

i think you should do a drawing a day blog. i love those. although i draw a lot, and one drawing a day seems hard, unless i can cheat and do a bunch the first day, and then stay ahead so i can post those on days i dont have time.

i loved your theme weeks. challenging yourself to do odd things with your photos. like a week of strangers. its an excuse to talk to people and take their picture. if i was doing a photo project i would do that. because people are so interesting, especially in photos.

i also like that photo. it doesnt really look like you, but thats what makes it extra interesting to look at.

Unknown said...

I like your ideas on goals. I think you should create a website, and from there you can either link to or hold all of the content for your projects and stuff.

You should work at National Camera!

Unknown said...

yeah you should work at National Camera!! Katie could be an excellent reference for you... she worked there for years and they loved her. I believe her younger sister and brother still work there.

Kris said...

National Camera would be a fun place to work, but right now I wouldn't be able to get there. Maybe a little bit later. Hopefully. I also thought about applying for one of the photo jobs at target or walgreens.

Billy, I like the idea of doing the drawings beforehand for updates. The reason I would do it every day though is to actually get myself to draw more often. It will be extremely hard if I do try it. I probably wouldn't scan things in though. My scanner is too old and I would have to start up my old slow computer to do that.

I have been thinking about theme weeks for a while now. I talk myself out of them in case there is something more interesting I would want to use for a photo. It rarely happens though.